It’s difficult to book a New York City meeting space and set up your winning business presentations well in advance of your needs. Even if you book a Class A NYC meeting room a month in advance, you may encounter a cancellation or rescheduling. You may even, while walking around Midtown Manhattan, encounter a few colleagues, promising potential hires, or a client prospect or two and want to have private meetings on demand. Where can you find interview or conference rooms in NYC “on the fly,” what advantages do they offer?
Conference Rooms in NYC Convey Professionalism
You want to avoid a long and expensive delay by looking for meeting space in inappropriate places. We’ve seen some “interesting” spaces out there, including warehouses and barber shops! You also want to avoid discussing, in loud voices, what are important and sensitive details at crowded coffee shops or other restaurant venues. You could quickly tidy up your living room for a conference room lounge, but in many cases a home meeting raises more than a few questions about your confidence in your value proposition.
Quality Midtown New York City meeting spaces are available that are inexpensive, professional, convenient and on-demand. That‘s because reputable Manhattan Office Business Centers maintain high quality, clean, well-lit, highly staffed, furnished, and equipped space for use by their full time clients. And when their clients are not using the shared office and conference room space, they rent it out to outside business professionals.
When booking NYC meeting rooms, here are some items to consider:
- Time, date and length of Midtown meeting: Often, after-hours meetings are quite a bit more expensive for outside clients due to the need to pay overtime rates to the staff.
- Size of meeting: Larger meetings should require a bigger outlay. Please be sure to ask about the room size, the number of people who can sit at the table, and the number of people who can sit at the table plus the number of people who can sit along the sides (if that is a possibility). Also note that for more intimate meetings, for say 3 people, you may be able to save a lot of money by simply booking a day office for the day.
- Equipment included: If there is no large flatscreen, you may ask about or bring a projector. Also, make sure the phone type you need is included, and that there are no charges for domestic calling.
- Catering needs: In New York City, there is no need to worry about where you are going to get food. Food vendors are everywhere. However, you will want to make sure it’s OK to bring food up to your conference room space if necessary.
- Pictures: Make sure you can get a picture of the exact conference room, and pre-tour it if possible.
Advantages of NYC Meeting Rooms vs. a Hotel
Should you go with a hotel? Hotels seem like a good choice for companies who have taken down a block of rooms in that venue, but in fact your productivity will improve by meeting in the bona-fide business setting enjoyed at a Class A flexible office space location. Additionally, hotels also upcharge significantly for catering and other services that would have been included at your shared office meeting room.
Booking a Class A Conference Room Can Include Increased Value
You may be introduced to a serviced office space with premium meeting rooms through a booking service, but you will find it better to “go direct” once you are comfortable and find yourself having meetings. A virtual office program in a Class A Midtown Office Business Center location is one way to reduce your costs. For frequent Midtown meeting space users, a discount starting at 50% for fully equipped meeting rooms can be achieved in some cases, and you can add a la carte business services such as an NYC mailing address, New York live receptionist and Manhattan virtual assistant services at a very low cost. You will also want to make sure that your virtual office and virtual meeting space provider has a mobile-enabled portal to use for bookings.
At NYC Office Suites, we offer a number of NYC meeting room options. To find out more and book a space, get in touch with us online or by phone at 1-800-346-3968.